Now that, M.S Dhoni has called it time in the test arena, the spotlight automatically falls on India's batting star, Virat Kohli.
Here's a list of 10 things what we expect of him!
1. His first official test as captain, enough said. #largeshoestofill #SCG
2. He averages better as a batsmen whilst being captain. 'VK', clearly loves the responsibility as has scored 6 centuries whilst being as skipper, two of which came at Adelaide, 115 & 141, respectively.
3. Virat has always seen to been pro-active as a vice captain aiding MSD’s on-field calls.
4. Since the dreaded England tour, Kohli has been a revelation in his test batting performances. His average this tour been a top-notch 83.39.
5. His ODI captaincy record has been remarkable, despite facing the minnows; Virat has enjoyed a great winning ratio as a ‘stand-in’ skipper. P 17 W 14
6. Youngest Indian Captain to skipper the country on a tour to Australia. The previous captain, who held this distinction, was God himself, SRT.
7. Expect a LOT of screaming and aggression! The exuberance of youth is in full flow!
8. Virat’s captaincy, despite conceding a 1-0 lead, showed signs of positivity in the run chase with intent to ‘go for it’ rather than being bogged down, which is very common habit for us, Indians!
9. Virat Kohli is the proverbial, ‘someone who wears his heart on his sleeve’, clearly emphasises his passion for the game and the love for his nation.
10. In the ODI format, Virat Kohli is one of the two Indian captains to have recorded two whitewashes each (5-0). #uniquedistinction